Thankfully, there are five areas that you can work on now, that will help your vacation rental property make an impact straight away.
These vacation rental tips for owners will start making you see your business in a different light. Get ready to see the results of your efforts as the guests start arriving at your property!
Define And Understand Your Market
It is critically important that you understand the market you are working in. Only then can you offer your guests precisely what they want and create the perfect match.
What type of person would visit your type of property? Is there anything special about your location?
Go one step further and use data-driven market analysis that can compare your property to others in the same area. These insights can help your business set the right prices at the right time.
Understand The Needs Of Your Guests
Like any business, you must understand the needs of your guests, and you need to know how to make your vacation rental stand out.
There is no point in having a vacation rental that does not match what your guests want. You might think you are handling it correctly, but you could be entirely off the mark.
- Check your popular competitors and see what they offer their guests and follow suit.
- Use a booking system that is quick and easy-to-use for your guests.
- Make sure your property is clean and vet any cleaning staff regularly.
- Pamper them with luxury bathroom products, a welcome basket, beautiful bedding.
- A thank you email to thank them for their stay.
Guests want to stay somewhere where they can relax and feel good. They want to feel special, and a little gratitude can go a long way.
If you go the extra mile and use these vacation rental tips for owners, your guests will love you! They will book again with you and feel more inclined to tell their family and friends, who are all new potential customers for you.
Make The Stay Of Your Guests Easy
The golden rule is that your guests have the best possible experience. They are taking a holiday/vacation, and their primary mission is to relax. They have worked hard for this moment.
Create a checklist for your guests and use it to give them the best possible service.
- Do you provide a smooth check-in and check-out system for your guests?
- Is there a contact available 24/7, in case of emergencies?
- Use a Visitors book. This book is a great way to gather positive/negative info.
- Provide house rules and other info in a Welcome Book.
- Leave a starter pack (bread, butter, milk, fruit, toilet roll, chocolates).
- Remember to leave info about security measures, so they have peace of mind.
Decorate Your Property
Instead of thinking about how to increase my vacation income, start thinking differently. Think about how you can decorate your property to attract guests and more business.
Choose A Cool Colour Scheme
You don’t have to go all-out 1970s retro. But you need to make your property look attractive and exciting. Look at your current colour scheme, is it screaming rent me?
A lick of paint can do wonders to freshen up a property and add some life and make your vacation rental stand out. Be bold, be beautiful! Find the right colour to excite your guests.
Update Your Furniture
Think about all the people that rent your property every year. That constant wear and tear can take its toll on your furniture.
Use the low season to critically assess your beds and sofas and replace them if required, so your renters can genuinely relax.
Think About The Latest Trends
According to predicted trends by Skift, Millennials are always on the lookout for immersive experiences. These YOLO (you only live once) renters are looking for action!
Buddy up with some local attractions and activities. You can advertise popular attractions and exciting activities at your rental property, offering a discount for your guests. You know the interest is there, so capitalise on it.
Go High-Tech – Ready For The Future
The Hospitality Survey Results for 2019 from The Distinguished Guest, found that 40% of property managers are using a Digital guide book. Get on the bandwagon and go digital.
Check Social Media
No need to miss out. Check travel forums online and social media to see what people are talking about, so you know how to increase vacation rental bookings.
- Take the time to define and understand your market.
- Understand your guests’ needs; make the booking process simple.
- Always make sure your guests are comfortable.
- Provide a beautiful home for your guests.
- Follow the latest trends and adapt your vacation rental business.